Preparation time: 10 minutes.
Cooking time: 8 minutes.
60 g plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
2 large eggs
70 g unsweetened flaked coconut
50 g panko breadcrumbs
340 g peeled, deveined raw shrimp, tail-on
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
85 ml honey
60 ml lime juice
1 serrano chile, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons chopped fresh coriander
- Mix flour with black pepper in a shallow tray.
- Beat eggs, another shallow dish. Mix coconut shreds and panko in a third shallow bowl.
- Take each shrimp and dredge in flour mixture while holding the tail. Dip the shrimp into the beaten egg.
- Now coat the shrimp with coconut mixture. Coat all the shrimp with cooking spray.
- Place half of the coated shrimp in an air fryer basket, and cook them at 200 C until golden brown, in 8 minutes approximately, Mix the shrimp when cooked halfway.
- season them with 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- While the shrimp are cooking, mix honey, lime juice, and serrano chili in a suitable bowl.
- Serve shrimp with sauce and coriander on top.