Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
8 oz whole-wheat linguine, cooked & drained
1/3 cup + 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 medium sweet onion, diced
2 to 3 garlic cloves, smashed
8 oz Brussels sprouts, chopped
½ cup chicken stock, as needed
1/3 cup dry white wine
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 lemon, cut in quarters
- Mix the cooked pasta with 2 tablespoons of olive oil then set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook 5 minutes until softened. Add the smashed garlic cloves and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the brussels sprouts and cook covered for 15 minutes. Add chicken stock as needed to prevent burning.
- Add the white wine and cook down for about 7 minutes until reduced.
- Add the pasta and toss it well. Serve with the Parmesan cheese and lemon for squeezing over the dish right before eating.
Nutrition: Calories: 530; Fat: 16.5g; Carbs: 95.4g; Protein: 5.0g