Cooking Time: 3 Hours
Butter flavored cooking spray
8 cups whole wheat bread, cubed
1 cup dark chocolate chips
¼ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
½ cup + 1/3 cup Stevia
1 cup pecans, chopped, divided
1/8 tsp salt
4 egg whites
1 2/3 cup skim milk, divided
1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
3 tsp vanilla, divided
1 tbsp. cornstarch
- Spray cooking pot with cooking spray. Add the bread cubes.
- In a medium bowl, combine chocolate chips, cocoa, ½ cup Stevia, ¾ cup nuts, and salt, mix well.
- Whisk in eggs, egg whites, 1 cup milk, coconut milk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Pour over bread and stir to make sure all of the bread cubes are covered. Sprinkle remaining nuts over the top.
- Add the lid and set to slow cooking on low. Cook 3 hours or until bread pudding passes the toothpick test.
- In a medium saucepan, combine remaining Stevia and cornstarch. Stir in remaining milk and cook over med-low heat until sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla. Drizzle over bread pudding and serve.
InfoCalories 269,Total Fat 14g,Total Carbs 27g,Protein 8g,Sodium 60mg.