Preparation time: 10 minutes + marinating time
Cooking time: 8-15 minutes
¾ cup fresh mint
¾ cup fresh parsley
2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp dried oregano
4 garlic cloves, peeled
½ tsp red pepper flakes
½ tsp kosher salt
1 to 1½ pounds skirt steak, cut in half if longer than the grill pan
- Add the mint, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, oregano, garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt in your food processor or blender.
- Process until the mixture reaches your desired consistency, from slightly chunky to smooth purée. Remove a half cup of the chimichurri mixture and set aside.
- Pour the remaining chimichurri mixture into a medium bowl or zip-top bag and add the steak.
- Mix well and marinate 30 minutes in your refrigerator.
- In a grill pan over medium-high heat, cook the steak 4 minutes on each side. Place the steak on a cutting board, tent it with foil to keep it warm, and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice the steak and serve with the reserved sauce.
Nutrition: Calories: 460; Fat: 38g; Carbs: 5g; Protein: 28g