Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15-18 minutes
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
½ pound ground lamb
1 tsp red pepper flakes
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups cooked, drained lentils
1 hothouse or English cucumber, diced
1/3 cup fresh mint, chopped
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Zest of 1 lemon
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
½ cup pomegranate seeds
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the lamb and season with red pepper flakes, cumin, salt, and black pepper.
- Cook the lamb without stirring for 5 minutes until the bottom is brown and crispy. Stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Using a spatula, break up the lamb into smaller pieces. Add the garlic and cook, occasionally stirring, for 1 minute. Transfer the lamb mixture to a medium bowl.
- Add the lentils to the skillet and cook 5 minutes, occasionally stirring, until brown and crisp.
- Return the lamb to the skillet, mix well, and warm through for 3 minutes. Transfer to the large bowl.
- Mix gently with the cucumber, mint, parsley, and lemon zest.
- Spoon the yogurt into 4 bowls and top each with some lamb mixtures. Garnish with the pomegranate seeds.
Nutrition: Calories: 370; Fat: 18g; Carbs: 30g; Protein: 24g