Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour & 25 minutes
8 large eggs, beaten
¼ tsp seasoning salt
1 pound 99% lean ground turkey
2 tbsp Greek seasoning
½ small onion, minced
2 tbsp bell pepper, minced
4 oz canned tomato sauce
¼ cup water
¼ cup chopped scallions or cilantro for topping
For the potatoes:
12 (1 pound) baby gold or red potatoes, quartered
4 tsp olive oil
¾ tsp salt
½ tsp garlic powder
Fresh black pepper to taste
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl and season them with salt. Warm the oven to 425°F and grease a 9×12
casserole dish with cooking oil.
- Add the potatoes, 1 tablespoon oil, ¾ teaspoon salt, garlic powder, and black pepper and toss to coat. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, tossing every 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown the turkey in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking it up while it cooks. Once no longer pink, add the Greek seasoning.
- Add the bell pepper, onion, tomato sauce, and water, stir and cover, and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Spray a different skillet with nonstick spray over medium heat.
- Once heated, add the eggs seasoned with ¼ teaspoon of salt and scramble for 2–3 minutes or cook until it sets.
- Distribute ¾ cup turkey and 2/3 cup eggs. Divide the potatoes into 4 bowls and serve
Nutrition: Calories: 450; Fat: 19g; Carbs: 24g; Protein: 46g