Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup shallots, thinly sliced
1 large Yukon gold potato, thinly sliced
1/8 tsp white pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
1/4 tsp dried thyme, crushed
1/4 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
6 large free-range eggs
2 tbsp grated mozzarella cheese
- Place the wire rack in the center of the oven and set the oven broiler to preheat on high.
- Cook the shallots for 3 minutes in a pan. Remove the shallots. Place the sliced potatoes in one layer at the
bottom of the pan.
- Set the oven broiler to preheat on high, with the wire rack in the center of the oven.
- Add the pepper, cayenne pepper, salt, thyme, rosemary, and eggs to the bowl of shallots. Lightly whisk
until the eggs are light and fluffy.
- Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes. Cover the pan with foil. Bake in the oven for 4-6 minutes. Remove
the pan from the oven then discard the foil.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the omelet before returning the pan to the oven and broiling for 2-5 minutes until
- Allow the omelet to rest for about 5 minutes outside the oven before slicing and serving.
Nutrition: Calories: 204; Fat: 12g; Carbs: 13g; Protein: 11g