Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 22-23 minutes
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 onion, julienned
¼ tsp kosher salt
1 tsp ground turmeric
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground coriander
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 bunch of kale, stemmed and chopped
7-oz block feta cheese, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet or sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion and salt then sauté for 5 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Add the turmeric, cumin, coriander, and black pepper then sauté for 30 seconds. Add the kale and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add ½ cup water and continue to cook the kale for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and place the feta cheese slices on top of the kale mixture. Place in the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the feta softens.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt and lemon juice. Serve the kale and feta cheese topped with lemon yogurt.
Nutrition: Calories 210; Fat: 14g; Carbs: 411g; Protein: 11g