Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
2 pounds beef fillet
1½ tsp salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp ground allspice
½ tsp ground nutmeg
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 large onion, cut into 8 quarters
1 large red bell pepper, sliced into 1-inch cubes
- Preheat a grill, grill pan, or lightly oiled skillet to high heat.
- Cut the beef into 1-inch cubes and put them in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the salt, black pepper, allspice, and nutmeg.
- Pour the olive oil over the beef and toss to coat the beef. Evenly sprinkle the seasoning over the beef and toss to coat all pieces.
- Skewer the beef, alternating every 1 or 2 pieces with a piece of onion or bell pepper.
- To cook, place the skewers on the grill or skillet and turn every 2 to 3 minutes until all sides have cooked to desired doneness, 6 minutes for medium-rare, 8 minutes for well done. Serve warm.
Nutrition: Calories: 485; Fat: 36g; Carbs: 4g; Protein: 35g